Jianxi GaoAssistant Professor of Computer ScienceCenter for Network Science and TechnologyRensselaer Polytechnic Institute
I am an assistant professor at the Department of Computer Science and Center for Network Science and Technology at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI). My major contribution includes the theory for robustness of networks of networks and resilience of complex networks. Since 2010, I has published over 40 papers on journals, such as Nature, Nature Physics, Nature Communications, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Physical Review Letters and more, with over 4,000 citations on Google Scholar. I have been selected as the Editor board of Nature Scientific Reports, distinguished referee of EPL (2014-2016) and Elsevier (2016), and referee of Science, PNAS, PRL, PRX and more. His publications were reported over 40 times by international public and professional media.
Prior to joining the Department of Computer Science at RPI, I was a Research Assistant Professor at the Center for Complex Network Researchat Northeastern University from 2012, working with Prof. Albert-László Barabási. I got my Ph. D. degree in the Department of Automation at Shanghai Jiao Tong University from 2008 to 2012. During my Ph.D. from 2009 to 2012 I visited Prof. H. Eugene. Stanley in Physics department at Boston University, as well as Prof. Shlomo Havlin in Physics department at Bar-IlanUniversity in 2012.
- [Nov 2020] Our paper "Robustness and lethality in multilayer biological molecular networks" has been published on Nature Communications. Congratulations Xueming.
- [Nov 2020] Our paper "Inferring Degrees from Incomplete Networks and Nonlinear Dynamics" has been published on Proceedings of the Twenty-Ninth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI). Congratulations Chunheng.
- [Nov 2020] Our paper "True Nonlinear Dynamics from Incomplete Networks" has been published on Proceedings of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI Technical Track: AI and the Web) . Congratulations Chunheng.
- [Nov 2020] News release about "New COVID-19 Model Reveals Need for Better Travel Restriction Implementation".
- [Aug 2020] Our paper "Nonlinear model of cascade failure in weighted complex networks considering overloaded edges" has been published on Scientific Reports. Congratulations Chaoyang.
- [Jul 2020] Our paper "Co-adaptation enhances the resilience of mutualistic networks" has been published on Journal of the Royal Society Interface. Congratulations Huixin.
- [Jul 2020] Our paper "Multiple metastable network states in urban traffic" has been published on PNAS. Congratulations Guanwen.
- [Jun 2020] Thanks to IBM AIRCI to support our research on "Training Neural Network with Few-Shot Data and Applications to AI automation".